The NetBeans Community, in collaboration with the Hub of Innovation & Entrepreneurship of Technopolis City of Athens is proud to invite you to a free event, on Friday 26 August, regarding the NetBeans IDE and Rich Client Platform. Register here.
Παρουσιαση 1 – Gradle for Java devs
- Κώστας Σαιδης
- Βιντεο: https://vimeo.com/163474384
- Διαφάνειες: http://www.slideshare.net/KostasSaidis/an-introduction-to-gradle-for-java-developers
Παρουσιαση 2 – Spock versus JUnit
- Κωστής Καπελώνης
- Βίντεο: https://vimeo.com/163169615
- Διαφάνειες: http://codepipes.com/presentations/spock-vs-junit.pdf
Μην ξεχασετε οτι μπορειτε και εσεις να κάνετε μια παρουσιαση.Οτι θεμα σας ενδιαφέρει και ειναι σχετικο με προγραμματισμό Java είναι ευπρόσδεκτο
Κάντε την προταση σας ειτε στο meetup.com είτε στην λίστα https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/jhug
Το επόμενο meetup είναι στις 2 Απριλίου (2πμ) στο Orange Grove. Πληροφορίες εδώ.
Reference Number: GR_PD2015
As an integral part of our European expansion strategy, we are seeking to recruit high caliber, ambitious and energetic professionals to join the team as Platform Developers in our XM representative office in Athens, Greece!
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing software programs and utilities used in the company and ensuring that the latest software applications for trading related systems run properly
- Recommending software upgrades for existing systems
- Reviewing current systems and presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Producing detailed specifications and implementing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled situations and rectifying any problems before going live
- Using version control systems
- Assisting in the preparation of training manuals for users
- Responsible for the maintenance of the systems once they are up and running
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant degree
- Very good working knowledge of Java. Knowledge of C/C++, C# is a plus. Event driven programming skills, databases, versioning control systems and software testing techniques at virtually all levels: unit, integration, system and acceptance
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar position and in Design Patterns
- Proactive, sharp and efficient
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Type of employment: Full time
Location: Athens, Greece
Please forward us your CV to email@example.com quoting the above job reference number.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality!
Η επόμενη μας συνάντηση θα είναι λιγοτερο τεχνική , μάλλον λιγο πιο πρακτική. Θέμα μας θα είναι η δουλειά στο εξωτερικό. Αρκετοί από εμάς έχουμε φύγει (Αμερική/ Ευρώπη) και πολλοί άλλοι ειναι ήδη στην διαδικασία. Σκοπός της συνάντησης ειναι να μαζέψουμε ανθρώπους απο διαφορετικές χώρες, και να ανταλλάξουμε απόψεις για
- την δυναμική της τοπικής αγοράς IT
- το πόσο ευκολα μπορείς να δουλειά και πως
- το κόστος ζωής
- πρακτικά ζητήματα μετανάστευσης (ιδιαίτερα εκτός EU)
Θα είναι επίσης μια ευκαιρία live, ανθρωποι που ειναι στην διαδικασία ή στην σκέψη να ρωτήσουν και να μάθουν.
Θα ήθελα να παρακαλέσω λοιπόν τα μέλη μας που ειναι ήδη στο εξωτερικό (ή και φίλους) αν μπορουν να μας διαθέσουν 1-2 ώρες και να συμμετέχουν στο google hangout.
Το link για το hangout θα γινει διαθέσιμο 1 ώρα πριν. Μπορείτε να βρείτε πληροφορίες ή και να επικοινωνήσετε στο jhug.slack.com.
javapapo (aka Paris Apostolopoulos)
Software Development Engineer – Platform Services
Groupon are seeking experienced full stack developers to help design and build high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, independent and collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. As part of our Dublin technology team, you’ll use a variety of technologies and development practices to build pioneering local commerce applications used by hundreds of millions of people.
You’d be a great fit for this position if you’re comfortable working with a small team, rapidly iterating a multi-component software stack and taking the initiative to add great new features that we haven’t even dreamed up yet. Come help us build and power our rapidly growing international e-commerce platform!
No country is the same and we, the local extensions team, know this better than most. Most of our time we spend touching multiple code bases to provide that one feature a country can’t live without. If you’re interested in touching many code bases or get bored from spending forever on the same project, this position is made for you. We traverse the links from frontend to backend, sometimes multiple backends. We’re exposed to lots of different code bases, encountering most languages under the sun, usually in code, but sometimes in speech too. Would you like to be a part of us?
• Design high-performance RESTful web services serving billions of requests a week
• Personalize content and promotions based on user interests
• Deliver billions of e-mail messages efficiently
• Unravel the myriad of payment technologies available globally
• Optimize placement of inventory across fulfilment centers
• Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience
• Track record of building cool, large-scale web applications and services
• Good knowledge and capability in SOA, RESTful WebServices, API-Design and Data Modeling
• Strong familiarity with SQL database programming and performance
• Excellent proficiency with *NIX development environments
• A solid understanding of how internet and Web technologies work
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) is required
Apply here. If this position is not a good fit for you but you would like to be considered for future positions at Groupon Dublin you will find a link under the job description on the website where you can upload your CV.
Google HangOut recording here – in greek.
VoiceWeb is seeking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer / Java Developer with strong technical skills, a collaborative work ethic and teamwork spirit to join the development team. You should be able to work in an agile/scrum environment, collaborating closely with other developers, and product managers in our Athens offices.
Development of the core framework using cutting edge technologies.
Providing development and architecture related recommendations, consultation and expert advice to the team.
Contributing to the requirements analysis and the technical design.
Breaking down development structures and developing sub-projects.
Researching on utilization of other frameworks, tool stacks and methodologies.
Required Skills & Experience
3+ years of Java Development experience.
Fluency in Object Oriented Programming and in using the core Java 6+ JDK. Some knowledge of Java 8 new features and lambda calculus will be considered an asset.
At least one year experience using the Spring framework and with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) like Hibernate and JPA.
Good understanding of Linux fundamentals and working knowledge of the Bash shell.
Practical knowledge of the Eclipse ecosystem.
In depth knowledge of SQL database technology (mainly PostgreSQL).
Confident with utilizing technologies like Maven, JUnit/TestNG, Git.
Acquaintance with Jetty and Tomcat.
Acquaintance with Apache Camel will be a strong asset.
Web technologies such as AngularJS, Web sockets, HTML 5 will be considered a strong asset.
Demonstrable ability to devise or reuse algorithms & design patterns that solve demanding logical problems.
Adjustability to new programming frameworks, tools and cutting edge technologies.
Exposure to XML/JSON and Object Mapping / Marshaling frameworks.
Writing technical documentation.
Respected Academic Background in Computer related fields or equivalent.
Desired Skills & Competences
Practical experience in Agile and Extreme Programming environments, with practical Code Reviewing techniques, rigorous Unit Testing and fast development cycles.
Exposure to the Atlassian collaboration tools (JIRA) or equivalent environment.
Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with GIT (and SVN).
Hard worker, task, deliverables and quality oriented.
Excellent team collaborator.
Efficient design, coding standards & lean documentation of developed software.
Strong sense of responsibility with some multi-tasking ability.
Fun to work with and be around, like we are.
Fluency in English. Additional languages will be appreciated, but not a must.
A great environment in which to work, excel and progress.
A highly attractive remuneration package. Performance bonuses for meeting quality and timely objectives.
Private insurance & health plan.
Continuous learning and training in new technologies and products.
An excellent opportunity for career development within a dynamic, fast moving market sector offering demonstrable career challenges both in Greece and internationally.
If you want to make a difference and innovate along a top-rated team of developers, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the position code. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.