Senior Java Developer (Data access layer development techniques)
(ref: SJD/05/14), Brussels, Belgium
With expertise in developing applications in Java/J2EE using EJBs, JSP and Ajax.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior JavaDeveloper, fluent in English, to offer his/her services as an expert who will be based in Brussels, Belgium. The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on site at the customer premises. In the context of the first assignment, the successful candidate will be integrated in the Development team of the company that will closely cooperate with a major client’s IT team on site.
- Design, development, testing and integration services for the Client’s projects;
- Contribution to the development of web-based information systems using Oracle and Oracle WebLogic, Java frameworks, JPA, Jax-ws, JSF and jQuery;
- Participation in the production of RUP artefacts such as Software Architecture Document, Product (i.e. the software), Configuration Management Plan, Deployment Plan and Release Notes;
- Integration and preparation of releases deployment;
- Configuration and environment management; liaising with the Operations department and the Data Center.
- Minimum 16 years of combined relevant University Studies and professional Experience;
- Extensive experience in the development of web-based information systems using J2EE, EJBs, JSP, JSF, jQuery and Ajax;
- Working experience with WebLogic Application Server and Oracle RDBMS is mandatory;
- Presenting good interpersonal skills and having experience in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral. Knowledge of French will be an asset.
- Minimum 12 years of specific expertise in developing applications with Java and data access layer development techniques within J2EE domain;
- Hands-on experience with Java development frameworks (Hibernate, Spring etc.), Spring MVC, Jax-ws, as well as UML and RUP methodologies;
- Knowledge of RTC suite (especially JAZZ), SOA principles and Oracle service bus;
If you are seeking a career in an exciting and dynamic company, where you will offer your services as part of a team of a major European Institution, operating in an international, multilingual and multicultural environment where you can expect real chances to make a difference, please send us your detailed CV in English, quoting reference: (SJD/05/14), to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive remuneration (either on contract basis or remuneration with full benefits package), based on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated as confidential.