We are looking for an experienced software engineering developer with the technical ability and experience to deliver innovative business solutions.Should have had repeated success across the development lifecycle and has the motivational skills to drive a team to deliver or be able to work alone to deliver the required solutions.Using his strong communication skills he is adept at understanding business needs and explaining the right technical solutions to non-technical people.Ideally we’re looking for someone who enjoys working with new and diverse web technologies, day-to-day development of client sites and future development of our products (Content Control, Cookie Control, Ffora). Constantly improving CIVIC’s development processes though Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development.Also working closely with clients and the account management team to ensure their business requirements are translated into functioning web-applications.
Excellent Java skills are a must, although any experience with other languages would is also useful as we develop on other platforms too.
* Java 6
* JEE: JPA, EJB, JMS, Servlets, JSP, JAX-RS, jBoss
* Databases (Oracle, MySQL), SQL + JDBC, Hibernate, iBatis
* XML & XSLT
* Web development experience, both applications and web-services
* Testing: unit testing, acceptance testing, automated testing
* Unix administration
* Developing with the Spring Framework
* Experience in Tomcat and Jboss
Beneficial technical skills:
* Experience with Ant and/or Maven
* API design
* Experience running clustered web applications
* Experience of Scrum / extreme programming: iterations, code review, retrospectives, etc.
* Good communication skills, written and oral
* Enthusiastic self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
* Experience dealing directly with clients
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org