Software Development Engineer – Platform Services
Groupon are seeking experienced full stack developers to help design and build high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, independent and collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. As part of our Dublin technology team, you’ll use a variety of technologies and development practices to build pioneering local commerce applications used by hundreds of millions of people.
You’d be a great fit for this position if you’re comfortable working with a small team, rapidly iterating a multi-component software stack and taking the initiative to add great new features that we haven’t even dreamed up yet. Come help us build and power our rapidly growing international e-commerce platform!
No country is the same and we, the local extensions team, know this better than most. Most of our time we spend touching multiple code bases to provide that one feature a country can’t live without. If you’re interested in touching many code bases or get bored from spending forever on the same project, this position is made for you.
We traverse the links from frontend to backend, sometimes multiple backends. We’re exposed to lots of different code bases, encountering most languages under the sun, usually in code, but sometimes in speech too. Would you like to be a part of us?
• Design high-performance RESTful web services serving billions of requests a week
• Personalize content and promotions based on user interests
• Deliver billions of e-mail messages efficiently
• Unravel the myriad of payment technologies available globally
• Optimize placement of inventory across fulfilment centers
• Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience
• Track record of building cool, large-scale web applications and services
• Good knowledge and capability in SOA, RESTful WebServices, API-Design and Data Modeling
• Strong familiarity with SQL database programming and performance
• Excellent proficiency with *NIX development environments
• A solid understanding of how internet and Web technologies work
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) is required
Apply here. If this position is not a good fit for you but you would like to be considered for future positions at Groupon Dublin you will find a link under the job description on the website where you can upload your CV.
Μαζευόμαστε πάλι ηλεκτρονικά σε 2 εβδομάδες. Μέσα από το γνωστό Google Hangout. Πληροφορίες εδώ. Go to google hangout here.
Google HangOut recording here – in greek.
Το Σάββατο, 26/9/2016, το JHUG θα κάνει το πρώτο του virtual meetup. Πληροφορίες στην σελίδα μας στο meetup.com. Συμμετοχή δωρεάν. Θα χρησιμοποιηθεί κάποιος virtual χώρος- google hang out event .
VoiceWeb is seeking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer / Java Developer with strong technical skills, a collaborative work ethic and teamwork spirit to join the development team. You should be able to work in an agile/scrum environment, collaborating closely with other developers, and product managers in our Athens offices.
Development of the core framework using cutting edge technologies.
Providing development and architecture related recommendations, consultation and expert advice to the team.
Contributing to the requirements analysis and the technical design.
Breaking down development structures and developing sub-projects.
Researching on utilization of other frameworks, tool stacks and methodologies.
Required Skills & Experience
3+ years of Java Development experience.
Fluency in Object Oriented Programming and in using the core Java 6+ JDK. Some knowledge of Java 8 new features and lambda calculus will be considered an asset.
At least one year experience using the Spring framework and with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) like Hibernate and JPA.
Good understanding of Linux fundamentals and working knowledge of the Bash shell.
Practical knowledge of the Eclipse ecosystem.
In depth knowledge of SQL database technology (mainly PostgreSQL).
Confident with utilizing technologies like Maven, JUnit/TestNG, Git.
Acquaintance with Jetty and Tomcat.
Acquaintance with Apache Camel will be a strong asset.
Web technologies such as AngularJS, Web sockets, HTML 5 will be considered a strong asset.
Demonstrable ability to devise or reuse algorithms & design patterns that solve demanding logical problems.
Adjustability to new programming frameworks, tools and cutting edge technologies.
Exposure to XML/JSON and Object Mapping / Marshaling frameworks.
Writing technical documentation.
Respected Academic Background in Computer related fields or equivalent.
Desired Skills & Competences
Practical experience in Agile and Extreme Programming environments, with practical Code Reviewing techniques, rigorous Unit Testing and fast development cycles.
Exposure to the Atlassian collaboration tools (JIRA) or equivalent environment.
Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with GIT (and SVN).
Hard worker, task, deliverables and quality oriented.
Excellent team collaborator.
Efficient design, coding standards & lean documentation of developed software.
Strong sense of responsibility with some multi-tasking ability.
Fun to work with and be around, like we are.
Fluency in English. Additional languages will be appreciated, but not a must.
A great environment in which to work, excel and progress.
A highly attractive remuneration package. Performance bonuses for meeting quality and timely objectives.
Private insurance & health plan.
Continuous learning and training in new technologies and products.
An excellent opportunity for career development within a dynamic, fast moving market sector offering demonstrable career challenges both in Greece and internationally.
If you want to make a difference and innovate along a top-rated team of developers, please send your CV to email@example.com, referencing the position code. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
A highly motivated engineer that can embrace an opportunity to contribute and maintain Forward’s massively scalable solutions. Ideally, the software business is much more than a job for you, it’s your hobby and passion. You love Open Source and you have a DevOps mindset.
- Conduct requirements analysis, design and implement high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance using JAVA ecosystem.
- Design and implement alongside with MNOs the APIs to integrate our platform with their internal systems (IN, SMSC, charging, etc) through various protocols (SMPP, HTTP, etc).
- Identify and apply appropriate modern technologies and techniques for software development
- Create designs for features and major enhancements
- Estimate tasks required to complete various development projects including time and resources required
YOU CAN BE OUR FAVORITE IF YOU:
- Have BSc in Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Java EE programming
- Have exposure to OSS/BSS or VAS services for the Telecommunication industry
- Have exposure to integrating disperse 3rd party systems.
- Have excellent knowledge of client-server architecture, web services (SOAP/REST or RPC) and designing public APIs.
- Have experience in developing applications with Spring Framework (Core, Data, Rest)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of OOP, multi threaded applications and Java internals
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic software development process and tools exposure (GIT, JIRA)
- Have good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgresSQL troubleshooting/performance tuning experience would be considered as a plus)
- Have knowledge of design patterns
- Hold experience with cloud computing and/or Microsoft Azure
- Have exposure to integration frameworks (Apache Camel, Fabric8)
- Demonstrate Linux Administration skills
- Have OPs tools exposure (Environment provisioning tools (Vagrant), Configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef), containers (e.g. Docker))
- Have exposure to mobile application development and the surrounding ecosystem
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of name and contact of the referee, current telephone number and email address by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the code: SD1
If you have any experience with Apache ActiveMQ (JMS) or Jackrabbit (JCR) that would be good but is not essential so long as you have strong technical English reading skills.
An ability to communicate with non-technical co-workers and customers is essential which we will explore that at the interview stage.
The successful candidate will join a team developing the company’s website and internal workflow systems that interact with a number of external organizations. Some familiarity with XML (the lingua franca of publishing) and RESTful APIs will be useful.
Contact: jobs AT spandidos-publications.com
Packt Publishing is celebrating the ‘Against DRM day’ and offers discounts on their content. Check them out .
We are pleased to announce, from Braintree_Dev, that tickets for BattleHack Athens are now available!
Make sure you don’t miss out for a chance to win $100,000 USD with your code!
BattleHack Athens will be held on May 30th-31st and we expect it to be just as awesome as everything you have come to expect from Braintree_Dev, a PayPal company.
Massages, beer and gourmet food are ready for you!
Head over to http://bit.ly/BHAth1and secure your chance to win our epic Axe Trophy and a chance at $100,000 USD. Most importantly, create an app that will help Athens!
We hope to see you there!