VoiceWeb is seeking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer / Java Developer with strong technical skills, a collaborative work ethic and teamwork spirit to join the development team. You should be able to work in an agile/scrum environment, collaborating closely with other developers, and product managers in our Athens offices.
Development of the core framework using cutting edge technologies.
Providing development and architecture related recommendations, consultation and expert advice to the team.
Contributing to the requirements analysis and the technical design.
Breaking down development structures and developing sub-projects.
Researching on utilization of other frameworks, tool stacks and methodologies.
Required Skills & Experience
3+ years of Java Development experience.
Fluency in Object Oriented Programming and in using the core Java 6+ JDK. Some knowledge of Java 8 new features and lambda calculus will be considered an asset.
At least one year experience using the Spring framework and with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) like Hibernate and JPA.
Good understanding of Linux fundamentals and working knowledge of the Bash shell.
Practical knowledge of the Eclipse ecosystem.
In depth knowledge of SQL database technology (mainly PostgreSQL).
Confident with utilizing technologies like Maven, JUnit/TestNG, Git.
Acquaintance with Jetty and Tomcat.
Acquaintance with Apache Camel will be a strong asset.
Web technologies such as AngularJS, Web sockets, HTML 5 will be considered a strong asset.
Demonstrable ability to devise or reuse algorithms & design patterns that solve demanding logical problems.
Adjustability to new programming frameworks, tools and cutting edge technologies.
Exposure to XML/JSON and Object Mapping / Marshaling frameworks.
Writing technical documentation.
Respected Academic Background in Computer related fields or equivalent.
Desired Skills & Competences
Practical experience in Agile and Extreme Programming environments, with practical Code Reviewing techniques, rigorous Unit Testing and fast development cycles.
Exposure to the Atlassian collaboration tools (JIRA) or equivalent environment.
Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with GIT (and SVN).
Hard worker, task, deliverables and quality oriented.
Excellent team collaborator.
Efficient design, coding standards & lean documentation of developed software.
Strong sense of responsibility with some multi-tasking ability.
Fun to work with and be around, like we are.
Fluency in English. Additional languages will be appreciated, but not a must.
A great environment in which to work, excel and progress.
A highly attractive remuneration package. Performance bonuses for meeting quality and timely objectives.
Private insurance & health plan.
Continuous learning and training in new technologies and products.
An excellent opportunity for career development within a dynamic, fast moving market sector offering demonstrable career challenges both in Greece and internationally.
If you want to make a difference and innovate along a top-rated team of developers, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the position code. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Fluency in German and English is essential
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
As an established software consulting company we know how demanding your daily work as a specialist for model-driven software development and domain specific languages is. That’s why we make sure that that you not only get an exciting job but also the right environment: 4+1 provides time for further training, Sports and health offers are complimented by us with an additional health insurance.
Flexible working hours or support in finding accommodation as well as in child care are other ways in which we can help give you peace of mind.
Είμαστε στην ευχάριστη θέση να σας προσφέρουμε μια νέα επαγγελματική πατρίδα!
A highly motivated engineer that can embrace an opportunity to contribute and maintain Forward’s massively scalable solutions. Ideally, the software business is much more than a job for you, it’s your hobby and passion. You love Open Source and you have a DevOps mindset.
- Conduct requirements analysis, design and implement high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance using JAVA ecosystem.
- Design and implement alongside with MNOs the APIs to integrate our platform with their internal systems (IN, SMSC, charging, etc) through various protocols (SMPP, HTTP, etc).
- Identify and apply appropriate modern technologies and techniques for software development
- Create designs for features and major enhancements
- Estimate tasks required to complete various development projects including time and resources required
YOU CAN BE OUR FAVORITE IF YOU:
- Have BSc in Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Java EE programming
- Have exposure to OSS/BSS or VAS services for the Telecommunication industry
- Have exposure to integrating disperse 3rd party systems.
- Have excellent knowledge of client-server architecture, web services (SOAP/REST or RPC) and designing public APIs.
- Have experience in developing applications with Spring Framework (Core, Data, Rest)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of OOP, multi threaded applications and Java internals
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic software development process and tools exposure (GIT, JIRA)
- Have good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgresSQL troubleshooting/performance tuning experience would be considered as a plus)
- Have knowledge of design patterns
- Hold experience with cloud computing and/or Microsoft Azure
- Have exposure to integration frameworks (Apache Camel, Fabric8)
- Demonstrate Linux Administration skills
- Have OPs tools exposure (Environment provisioning tools (Vagrant), Configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef), containers (e.g. Docker))
- Have exposure to mobile application development and the surrounding ecosystem
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of name and contact of the referee, current telephone number and email address by sending us an email to email@example.com using the code: SD1
If you have any experience with Apache ActiveMQ (JMS) or Jackrabbit (JCR) that would be good but is not essential so long as you have strong technical English reading skills.
An ability to communicate with non-technical co-workers and customers is essential which we will explore that at the interview stage.
The successful candidate will join a team developing the company’s website and internal workflow systems that interact with a number of external organizations. Some familiarity with XML (the lingua franca of publishing) and RESTful APIs will be useful.
Contact: jobs AT spandidos-publications.com
We are pleased to announce, from Braintree_Dev, that tickets for BattleHack Athens are now available!
Make sure you don’t miss out for a chance to win $100,000 USD with your code!
BattleHack Athens will be held on May 30th-31st and we expect it to be just as awesome as everything you have come to expect from Braintree_Dev, a PayPal company.
Massages, beer and gourmet food are ready for you!
Head over to http://bit.ly/BHAth1and secure your chance to win our epic Axe Trophy and a chance at $100,000 USD. Most importantly, create an app that will help Athens!
We hope to see you there!
The NetBeans Community invites you to a 2-days free event regarding the NetBeans IDE and Rich Client Platform. The event will be hosted in Athens from Friday, 17 to Saturday, 18 April 2015. This is a follow up of NetBeans days events in Utrect (Februray) and Munich (March) and will continue to different locations in the following months.
You will have the chance to learn about the latest tips and tricks of the NetBeans IDE and the NetBeans platform by experts on the subject.
The free event lasts from 9:00 to ~13:30 and the afternoons are devoted to excursions. This is an amazing opportunity to combine your passion with holidays and taste the amazing Hellenic cuisine.
Light snacks and drinks will be provided and we look forward to a fun-filled and active day, at the end of which you will have gained many new insights, while extending your network.
The event will take place at a great venue, the Aquis Mare Nostrum Hotel Thalasso outside Athens just 20′ from Athens airport and by the Aegean sea.
Should you choose to stay in that hotel, prices (VAT inclusive):
– Rich breakfast buffet – Rich lunch buffet and the following drinks in limitless consumption during dinner: white / pink / red wine, draft beer, juices, soft drinks
– Single main building room with mountain views: 75 EUR per room per night in Half pension – Double main building room with mountain views: 85 EUR per room per night in Half pension – Double main building room or bungalow with sea view: 105 euros per room per night half pension – Triple room in bungalow with sea view: 135 euros per room per night half pension
Lunch buffet fee: 15 euros extra per person per meal, suppl. unlimited consumption of white / pink / red wine, draft beer, juices, soft drinks.
Junior/Mid-level Software Developer – Athens
Excite Holidays is an established Australian owned and operated online travel company
built upon understanding travel agent needs, expectations and business priorities.
Since the company’s inception 12 years ago, Excite Holidays has grown from strength to
strength, enjoying significant year on year growth. Today, the company is recognised as a
leading travel agent only wholesaler of global travel products across Australia and New Zealand.
What we do
Excite Holidays uses cutting edge technologies, built by our in-house global software
developers, offering travel products including over 250,000 hotels worldwide.
We provide our global travel partners with the best booking tools. Our advanced hotel distribution
platform has been successfully designed to deliver access to quality travel products via the latest
We are looking for people who are passionate at what they do, eager to learn new technologies
and contribute with their skills and ideas to the in-house applications developed by our team.
The right candidate will be responsible for maintaining, as well as implementing, new features
for both our existing and new applications, writing highly quality code by using cutting edge
At Excite Holidays you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team that spans across
Thailand, Australia and Europe.
Excellent knowledge in at least one of the following languages: Java,Python,PHP
Good understanding of OOP principles
Very good knowledge on XML, XML parsing and JSON
Understanding of web architecture (HTTP/REST)
Experience on using Linux operating system
Good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, or any other)
Experience using distributed VCSs (Git)
Ability to use Design Patterns
Good experience with unit testing (JUnit, pytest)
Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Mongo)
Experience with key/value data structure servers (Redis)
Knowledge of ORM (Hibernate, SQLAlchemy)
Previous experience with Agile methodologies
Qualifications and Requirements
University or College Degree in Computer Science
2-5 years of experience in software development
Team spirit and excellent communication skills
Fluency in English (both verbally and in writing)
Desire for continuous learning and skills improvement
Fulfilled military obligations
If this sounds like you, and you want to work as part of a fun team, then we would like to hear from you.
Please forward us your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.exciteholidays.com to learn more about our company.
Mobile Web Developer
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Mobile and Web Developer you will be part of the Technical Team and you will be based in Athens. While working closely with the other members of the Technical Team and the Account Managers, your primary responsibilities will include:
- to develop and maintain OTM’s platform front end
- to build mobile applications and
- to create responsive web designs
Education and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in a relative position
- Excellent Knowledge of PHP and MySQL , ElasticSearch
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of WebSockets
- Excellent knowledge of Phonegap – Cordova framework
- Excellent Knowledge of Bootstrap framework
- Excellent Knowledge of Mobile and Web standards
- Knowledge of Photoshop is considered a plus
- knowledge of Java – Android Studio
- knowledge of Objective C – Xcode – iOS SDK
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Team player with collaboration skills
- Good command of the English language
- An attractive remuneration package
- An exciting job opportunity in a market of the future
- To become part of a stimulating, international team
- Exceptional personal growth and career opportunities
Please send your application and CV in English to email@example.com with the job reference “Mobile Web Developer”.