Software Development Engineer – Platform Services
Groupon are seeking experienced full stack developers to help design and build high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, independent and collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. As part of our Dublin technology team, you’ll use a variety of technologies and development practices to build pioneering local commerce applications used by hundreds of millions of people.
You’d be a great fit for this position if you’re comfortable working with a small team, rapidly iterating a multi-component software stack and taking the initiative to add great new features that we haven’t even dreamed up yet. Come help us build and power our rapidly growing international e-commerce platform!
No country is the same and we, the local extensions team, know this better than most. Most of our time we spend touching multiple code bases to provide that one feature a country can’t live without. If you’re interested in touching many code bases or get bored from spending forever on the same project, this position is made for you. We traverse the links from frontend to backend, sometimes multiple backends. We’re exposed to lots of different code bases, encountering most languages under the sun, usually in code, but sometimes in speech too. Would you like to be a part of us?
• Design high-performance RESTful web services serving billions of requests a week
• Personalize content and promotions based on user interests
• Deliver billions of e-mail messages efficiently
• Unravel the myriad of payment technologies available globally
• Optimize placement of inventory across fulfilment centers
• Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years of professional software development experience
• Track record of building cool, large-scale web applications and services
• Good knowledge and capability in SOA, RESTful WebServices, API-Design and Data Modeling
• Strong familiarity with SQL database programming and performance
• Excellent proficiency with *NIX development environments
• A solid understanding of how internet and Web technologies work
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken) is required
Apply here. If this position is not a good fit for you but you would like to be considered for future positions at Groupon Dublin you will find a link under the job description on the website where you can upload your CV.