A highly motivated engineer that can embrace an opportunity to contribute and maintain Forward’s massively scalable solutions. Ideally, the software business is much more than a job for you, it’s your hobby and passion. You love Open Source and you have a DevOps mindset.
- Conduct requirements analysis, design and implement high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance using JAVA ecosystem.
- Design and implement alongside with MNOs the APIs to integrate our platform with their internal systems (IN, SMSC, charging, etc) through various protocols (SMPP, HTTP, etc).
- Identify and apply appropriate modern technologies and techniques for software development
- Create designs for features and major enhancements
- Estimate tasks required to complete various development projects including time and resources required
YOU CAN BE OUR FAVORITE IF YOU:
- Have BSc in Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Java EE programming
- Have exposure to OSS/BSS or VAS services for the Telecommunication industry
- Have exposure to integrating disperse 3rd party systems.
- Have excellent knowledge of client-server architecture, web services (SOAP/REST or RPC) and designing public APIs.
- Have experience in developing applications with Spring Framework (Core, Data, Rest)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of OOP, multi threaded applications and Java internals
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic software development process and tools exposure (GIT, JIRA)
- Have good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgresSQL troubleshooting/performance tuning experience would be considered as a plus)
- Have knowledge of design patterns
- Hold experience with cloud computing and/or Microsoft Azure
- Have exposure to integration frameworks (Apache Camel, Fabric8)
- Demonstrate Linux Administration skills
- Have OPs tools exposure (Environment provisioning tools (Vagrant), Configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef), containers (e.g. Docker))
- Have exposure to mobile application development and the surrounding ecosystem
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of name and contact of the referee, current telephone number and email address by sending us an email to email@example.com using the code: SD1