We currently have a vacancy for a Java/J2EE Analyst Programmer fluent in English, to offer his/her services as an expert who will be based in Brussels. The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on site at customer premises. In the context of the first assignment, the successful candidate will be integrated in the development team of the company that will closely cooperate with a major client’s IT team on site.
- Work with users to identify and specify requirements, write and/or review functional and/or technical specifications for internal development;
- Analyse and document the requirements and business processes, modelling and prototyping;
- Develop and test J2EE applications according to the specifications;
- Participate in the assessment of code and documentation;
- Participate in discussions on the technical architecture and design of the system and in other technical activities concerning the applications;
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance Team and third level support (investigate problems, schedule bugs for resolution).
- University degree in IT or related subject with minimum 2 years of professional experience in IT, or non-University degree with minimum 4 years of experience in IT;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Object Oriented development and business analysis;
- Extended working experience in Java/J2EE and minimum 1 year of experience with SQL-based databases, preferably Oracle;
- Proven experience in RUP methodology (preferably for Web based applications) and in business modelling;
- Experience in managing user groups and supporting other users;
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral. Knowledge of French will be an asset.
If you are seeking a career in an exciting and dynamic company, where you will offer your services as part of a team of a major European Institution, operating in an international, multilingual and multicultural environment where you can expect real chances to make a difference, please send us your detailed CV in English, quoting reference: (JAP/05/14), to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive remuneration (either on contract basis or remuneration with full benefits package), based on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated as confidential.