Rated People (www.ratedpeople.com), the UK’s #1 online marketplace for homeowners to find tradesmen in the UK, has established a Technology subsidiary in Athens and require a Senior Java developer, fluent in English, to develop functionality for its online consumer and tradesmen portal. The Senior Java developer will be part of a Scrum team and will work directly with other java developers, front-end developers, testers and product managers to deliver new features, designs and improvements to the website.
The successful candidate will be required to travel for training and on-boarding to the company’s HQ in London and stay for a period of 4-6 weeks (accommodation and adjusted living expenses covered by the company).
- Playing a collaborative role in small agile Scrum teams. Delivering high quality functionality in any of the required technologies according to the requirements of the Scrum.
- Unit testing, including test driven development (TDD).
- Agreeing, implementing and adhering to coding and implementation standards.
- Taking part in the release management process.
- Providing application support, including after hours, as required by the schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science or a related discipline (AEI or TEI)
- At least 5 years of Java programming work experience
- Object relational modelling using JPA/Hibernate
- Web services: RESTful, SOAP
- Model View Controller frameworks
- JUnit or TestNG
- Version Control (Subversion, GIT)
- Delivering high quality, unit tested code
- Working as part of a team in an Agile environment
- Building backend Java web services
- SQL and database design
- Assembling and deploying releases to a production environment
- All skills required to execute the responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Working autonomously but also a team player
Desired knowledge (considered a plus):
- Dependency Injection: Spring or Guice
- Linux, bash scripting
- MySQL, Postgres
- Maven configuration
- Solr / Lucene
- Struts 2 and Apache Tiles
- PHP / Symfony2
If you are seeking a career in a dynamic and fast growing company, being part of an international, multilingual and multicultural team where you can expect real chances to make a difference, please send us your detailed CV in English, quoting reference: (RPGR/01JV), to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a very competitive remuneration based on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated as confidential.