(3) Intermediate Java Developers -Mobile Payments
To analyse, design and develop Java based mobile payment systems software according to customer specifications and internal company demand. Other duties as may be required, at the discretion of the Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Systems Analysis and design.
- Drafting of systems specifications.
- Managing the SDLC process following GFG Group methodology.
- Software development.
- Assist in creating and maintaining technical documentation using the defined document templates.
- Provide certification and UAT support as needed.
- Liaison with quality assurance and documentation teams.
- Implementation of software at new customer sites.
- Provide warranty support after ‘Go Live’ implementation as needed.
- Responsible for being ‘on-call’ 24 x 7 as agreed with GFG management.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
Key Abilities Required:
- To understand and investigate requirements.
- To code the software from the design.
- To test the software against the requirements.
- To document the software (as appropriate)
- Ability to build systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Lateral thinking
- Energy and positive attitude
- Background in payment and mobile telecommunications solutions desired
- Analytical ability
- Time and task management
- Good English language skills
Technical Skills Required:
- Quartz Scheduler
- JMS (ActiveMQ ideal)
- Jboss, Web sphere application server, Web Logic server
- JDBC / Oracle 11g
- Web Services i.e. CXF, SOAP, JAX-WS, XML-RPC
- Maven, Java 7
- IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, Netbeans)
- Working knowledge of JAAS, JTA, JMX, JAX/RPC, JavaMail, HTTP, SMTP, SMPP
- JAXB & other XML Processing Technologies
- Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, JIRA, SVN
- Agile Methdologies
- Encrypting Keys – 3DES, AES/DES
- Junit, Automated testing; Selenium and Web-Driver.
- Other desired skills include Apache, Linux, JBoss JBPM workflow, Jasper reports, UML, Visio and data modelling skills
This position operates in a multi-tasking environment with pressure to meet deadlines. There is a lot of interaction with colleagues in the form of “information sharing”. The workspace is open plan.
This role is required to travel in the course of a year so you need to be prepared to spend time offshore and must have the necessary passport to be able to travel to GFG target markets.
Personal Work Practice and Productivity Skills:
- To take ownership of agreed personal project objectives, timelines and deadlines.
- To manage assigned work to ensure it is completed on time.
- To complete administration tasks within established timelines.
- To share information and work with other developers to produce an integrated solution.
- To be accountable for the time taken to achieve milestones.
- To work in alignment with the vision and values of the company.
The above job description may change from time to time to reflect the changing requirements of your position and our business.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Completion of part/whole project against project milestones
- Customer satisfaction/absence of complaints
- Speed of solutions (accuracy and efficiency)
- Extensive, referable career experience in similar projects
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science or similar discipline
- Experience in other payment solutions/mobile telecommunications systems
A central payment hub, switch and back office processing for all mobile payments GFG’ Group’s exclusive third-generation m-wallet underpins payments, supports debit, credit, stored value & Person to Person (P-to-P) payments and virtual wallet-based payments.Bank level security Mobile payment options include:
- Air time top up
- Bill payment
- Product purchase
- Mobile banking
- Merchant management
- Reseller management
- Customer management
- Payroll processing
See more at: http://www.gfg-group.com/products/mobile-simfonie/